X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta? long rant/question

I'm wondering if this game will ever actually be complete with all the intended features implemented, god knows they're getting enough money to develop it, but before I actually decide to top up to vip4 and vip 6 I'd like to see a full version. Before I topped up to vip 3 and when they changed everything around a couple months later, making hinata 2 day sign in and giving you naruto for free at the end of the first week, I was like WTF(probably like many of you) and all the lvl limited deals I felt like I wasted my money when I topped up all those months ago. Which sorta discourages me from paying. While I love this game, it is really hard without at least vip 1, and a little luck, which tbh I have no luck, none, not an exaggeration. But finally on to my main question. Can I ever expect this game to be out of beta. Or will it be like many of the comments I found on the forum saying this game will die before it ever comes out of beta, or is it like many of the other comments saying it will get better and better. Since I know for a fact that ROCK LEE(a point of anger for me) is available in Joyfun,(too far out of my time zone) I just want to know if I should keep paying/playing for a game that might/might not become the game I hope it will be.

In short, no. This game will most likely never leave Beta.

If a point of anger for you is not having Rock Lee, I personally, would suggest you leave the game right now. That's simply because I believe your expectations for games, in general, is too naïve. If you think Topping Up to VIP 4 or 6 is a large investment, don't Top Up ever again. Because whatever you purchase from the Gold you'll get will become obsolete in a matter of weeks. The fact that you feel you've already wasted money just means this type of game isn't for you.

So I would prefer you save your money and leave now before you start raging in Forums about how horrible this company is.

Personally, I enjoy this game. For me, it's very much worth it. Right now, I can choose to be a non-ranking player and enjoy the game casually and chat with lots of people on my server. However, I also have the resources to pump a few hundred dollars a month into this game if I ever want to be a semi-decent, semi-competitive player.

I know this game will only last as long as the developer doesn't get shut down, which can be months or it can be a few years. I know that I will need to constantly pour more and more money into this game to stay at my level. I know that new players will always receive more benefits that I did when I started. That they will be able to accomplish things, I had to pay money, for in a matter of hours or days for free. I know that I will hardly ever receive any type of support if anything goes wrong. But I know what I'm getting into, and I choose to continue playing under these circumstances... expecting it to never get better.

In my opinion, you sound too young for this type of game, considering your expectations. But I would also like you to stay and experience this type of game for yourself. So you are better educated for future games of this type... as long as you don't start ranting and raving.

-So-

Comment

34488022476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't started ranting and raving and trolling like some of the people on these forums. I was only asking whether or not this game would be full developed ever, I mean I love the chat community( pretty much the only reason I play, weirdly) but I also like this game and would be disappointed if it never became all it would promise itself to be. And I wonder how my expectations for games in general is too naive, but for F2P games, yes this is a new area for me(in the past I've just stuck to following the call of duty series or just buying my games off Steam.)
      So yeah I don't know how it'd work in this sorta F2P game,( my only prior experience was Dota2) hence the question. SInce I did not know I asked, people don't learn without asking.

However you missed the main point and focused on more the rant part of my post, and not the question, when all you needed was the first line "in short, no. this game will most likely never leave Beta." or a couple lines like "it will never get better." I'll still play in that case, just not pay,

My apologies, it should have read, "...expectations for F2P games..."

Big change in the tone of the text. Also, naïve should be read as, lacking experience. Which isn't a bad nor is it an insult. My apologies again if that's how you misunderstood it. It's just as you stated, a new area for you.

You seem like a smart enough guy, so I don't mind apologizing for my mistakes. However, don't include the word "rant" in your title and type a wall-o-text, if you don't want people to think you're ranting. Unless you have started ranting, in that case your follow up comment is just confusing. It's also confusing when you say I missed the main point, but then say I didn't, all in the same sentence.

There will still be plenty of new content released. Just keep in mind that whatever you Top Up won't get you far for long, and only Top Up what you wouldn't mind losing if the game shut down 1 week after.

-So-

Comment

34488022476 commented
      Editing a comment
      my mistake, I split my post up into two parts, rant first followed by question, and yeah the way you wrote your post felt a little insulting, but you show you really didn't mean it that way, so now everything is fine. and now that I play as a F2P player on another server I find ways to beat most of the vips, so now I don't mind not having to top up now.

Why do people even care about Rock Lee? Is it cause of his 10% damage rate increase after his skill? I don't get why people are so upset about not having him.

To be honest with you OP, I feel like we are all getting ripped off. The original version of this game is MUCH cheaper when it comes to top ups. Anime Ninja, (and Joyfun?? who has EU and US servers) has all the tavern ninja we're lacking. In Elite Match, the publishers running this version of the game increased the cost of 2nd Mizukage and Raikage by 1k top stones, and top stones for most people are hard to get. And no one listens to good suggestions, even though it would make the game better.

Its basically as if we're paying more for a water-downed version of the game.

Comment

34488022476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like Rock lee, because I was I really liked his character in the anime, was a fan. pretty much only reason I wanted him in game, I'd get him even if it meant losing out the entire game, so the fact that he Could be in there but isn't saddened me

Can I rant here too a little? I really need it.
    Seriously, how can my luck be so shit. I need 350 Golden Soul for Sasori 4 day ago. Now I need 270. I keep getting 3-9-12-16, best was 26 one time.
    People telling me, "dont be mad, take it easy. There are bad times" and so on.
    But its not like I can keep trying all day to see when its a "good time".
    So what I dont like, and what I am ranting about is this "luck" what look far from being actual chances or random, more like you are fcked all the time.
    Last edited by dangreg; 03-14-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• dangreg
      dangreg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, honestly its helped a little. At least I am not alone and its not related to vip. Thought I am past 5 also.

34488022476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel the pain, janken and dailies have been games of chance that have hated me. Dailies in particular, twice it's pulled the trick of giving me everything I need and only using the free refresh, used the green and blue task for the near to last two objective tasks. and for the final task I need purple. The first time this happened I spent 200 coupons and got nothing. the second time I spent 350 coupons to get one purple(rest were green and whites). it's that thought of oh I got so many purples in the beginning where's my purple now. And I agree there are no good and bad times for janken, there i only losing silver time

34488022476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel the pain, janken and dailies have been games of chance that have hated me. Dailies in particular, twice it's pulled the trick of giving me everything I need and only using the free refresh, used the green and blue task for the near to last two objective tasks. and for the final task I need purple. The first time this happened I spent 200 coupons and got nothing. the second time I spent 350 coupons to get one purple(rest were green and whites). it's that thought of oh I got so many purples in the beginning where's my purple now. And I agree there are no good and bad times for janken, there is only losing silver time

Doubt things will change much. New events and ninjas mostly behind a paywall. The only thing worth getting was vip 5 for skip and vip 6 for the discounted jades but I digress. If you want a more complete version of this game, better than anime ninja and joyfun, best to wait a couple of months to next year perhaps.

Why? Hopefully post doesn't get removed since I am not posting any links, you will have to use google tho, Bandai games and Tencent (major Chinese gaming company) recently bought out rights to naruto along with many other popular Japanese copyright in Chinese mainland. They are now working together with kismoto, naruto's author/artist to create a game similar but better than this. Reason, original characters with original storylines, more ninjas and ect... The point is this is just a shallow game that's based off naruto since there are many Chinese games with the same core mechanics, events, ect...

However the browser game you seek by tencent & Bandai has only been released in china and japan so far. It may take another couple of month to a year before translated version comes to USA. That's why ultimate naruto became unlimited ninja cause of Chinese copyright. While this game will not be closed, don't expect anything unique from this game.

Before anyone accuses me of being a bitter non vip, I'm a lvl 97 vip 6 rank 2 in my server . Just wanted to pass the news to those who want a clue with whats going on.

Comment

• sostrong
      sostrong commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, 3... Why would anyone accuse you of being a bitter non-Vip? Especially from what you just posted? >.<

Anyways, as I posted in another thread, the last I heard was back in Jan. 2013 so my news are very outdated. I'm hoping you could provide some more info... Maybe I misread your post, but you said the game's actually been released in China and Japan? I thought it was still in production.

Furthermore, the last I heard was the game was only supposed to be released in China (no plans for international release).

Any new/more updated info you can provide, would be awesome.

Thanks,

-So-

• ju3tb0red
      ju3tb0red commented
      Editing a comment
      if you search facebook naruto online with 26 likes, I think that's the official English version of tencent, it has been updated feb 25 of this year. I'll let you know if more substantial news comes out, for now you'll just have to settle for gameplay videos on the facebook page.

• sostrong
      sostrong commented
      Editing a comment
      That's way more than I knew before.

Many thanks!

-So-
Working...
X